New York mice and rats are smart. To eliminate them, you first must learn to recognize them. Then call us to create the right treatment method to get rid of them. Call 1-800-Pest-Control and ask about our Guaranteed Rodent Proofing Service. Our services are totally eco friendly.
Feet – Small
Head – Small
Pointed (average length 1/4″)
Habits: May nest in any portion of a building near food. Has an average range of 50ft. from nest. Active mostly at night. Nibbles small amounts of food frequently, rather than having large meals.
Tail – Longer than head and body
Body – Slender
Ear – Large
Eye – Large
Nose – Pointed
Droppings – Pointed
(average length 1/2″)
Habits: Usually enters and nests in upper portions of buildings. May nest outside in trees (esp. palms), ivy, etc. Burrows very little. Excellent climber. Active at night.
Tail – Shorter than head and body
Body – Heavy, thick
Ear – Small
Eye – Small
Nose – Blunt
Droppings – Blunt (average length 3/4″)
Habits: Usually nests in basements and lower portions of buildings. Burrows in soil extensively. Active primarily at night. Fair climber, good swimmer.
Sanitation Procedures to Prevent Mice & Rats
Sanitation is the cornerstone of lasting rodent control. There is no substitute for good sanitation, and the program must be continuous or the benefits derived from sanitation will be quickly lost to reinvading rodents.
- Place garbage and trash in garbage cans with tight fitting covers.
- Eliminate as much of the rodent’s water source such as leaking pipes and puddles. Rodents need to drink water daily to survive.
- Reduce clutter such as boxes and newspapers in closets. Rodents use this for nesintg material.
- Do not leave dirty dishes and food laying around on the coutertops over night. Also remove all garbage every night.
- All doors, windows, and screens, should be tight fitting without spaces below.
- Treatment Preparation Sheet
- Remove all items stored under the kitchen sink and bathroom sinks.
- Have nothing cooking on the stove so we can slide it out if necessary.
- Empty bottom of any other closets that you suspect rodents are coming from.
- Have radiators accessable.
- Have all pet foods removed from the floor.
- See Sanitation Procedures after initial treatment.