Got moths or beetles? Don’t delay…call Ecology Exterminating Service today. We are New York’s Moth & Beetle removal expert. Call 1-800-Pest-Control and ask about our Guaranteed Moth & Beetle Removal Service. Our services are proven and eco-friendly.
Moths and Carpet Beetles
There are several types of carpet beetles. Their diet usually includes anything organic. Females may lay up to 100 eggs. Larvae do the destruction and avoid light. Careful inspection of such things as baseboards, air ducts, stored cereals, garments and furniture is needed to find the source of the infestation. Cleaning the house thoroughly and regularly as well as proper storage of garments is needed to prevent infestations.
Webbing Clothes Moth
Color: Buff or golden, Larva – Shiny creamy white.
Size: Adults – Quarter of an inch. Larva – about a half inch.
Adult moths do not feed. Only larva feed.
- Treatment Preparation Sheet
- Remove all clothes from affected closets, drawers, or shelves.
- Remove all boxes and storage items in clothing closets, and inspect.
- Inspect clothes for holes, moths, or larva.
- Wash or dry clean any clothes that you suspect are infected.
- Inspect wool carpeting and rugs for frayed edges or holes.
- Clothes moths can also live in stored blankets, feathered pillows, and piano felts.
- Vaccuum closets and drawers out thoroughly.